Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Little Gummy Bear ~ 14 weeks

Hello again!
Today was our 14 week appointment and sonogram! I can't believe how quickly this is going!

First, I'll update you on the past couple weeks, then we'll move to the appointment goodies.

*Flips, Flops, And Flutters*
With my first pregnancy I didn't feel any movement til around 17 weeks, he was dancing to a song- that to this day he still loves. My second, I felt around 14 weeks. I actually didn't think it was possible to feel them any sooner, and thought everyone who said they did just had gas... Until now! At 12wks3d I got the tiniest flip flop and flutter while laying in bed shortly after waking up that morning. It was SO cool! I totally believe, now! I texted Katie and let her know her little one was a little gymnast now. For the next 10 or so days, I only felt it when laying very still before or after sleeping really, and it brought me much peace of mind that things were going as they should. A few days ago while sitting in the car, I felt it a bit stronger than I had been. I couldn't help but verbally acknowledge it in the car. My husband thought I was strange when I said "Hello, Baby!" out of the blue. Since then, it's been a regular happening while sitting down either at the computer or in the car, and still while in bed.

*Maternity clothes could not have come sooner*
For the past few weeks, even though I've been pretty sick and have lost 14lbs since getting pregnant, my pants have not fit right and felt downright uncomfortable. So I went shopping online early last week. When I put them on after receiving them, it was like my tummy said a big "Thank you!" and I've been in them ever since. So, while I don't have *much* to show for it, there's definitely been some tummy growth. I even took my first belly pic when I put the new clothes on, on Friday.

13wks6d "Belly" Shot

The lower part, where I have my hand is baby belly... never mind above that ;) 

*Scram Sickies!*
In other news, I was SO glad to say goodbye to most of my morning sickness last week! Sunday was the last day I was throwing up daily. This is not to say I haven't since, or that I'm not nauseated anymore, but I'm  feeling much better and able to get up and active again, just in time for school to start for the boys. Yay!

*Enough about you already, Show me the baby!*
Like I said above, today was the 14wk appointment and sonogram. Right away the nurse noticed the weight loss and we talked a little about it with the doctor, she was fine and said with the morning sickness I had it was normal. Shouldn't be a problem gaining it back... dang! ;) Anyway, without further adieu, here's Gummy Bear!

I will apologize for the brightness, it was either brightness or blurriness (we recorded with 2 phones) and I chose brightness because it was "closer" to the screen.




Gummy Bear measures right on target at 14wks2d, and all measurements point to him/her weighing about 4oz. A serving of steak, just for Kevin ;) He/she is just perfect and the heart rate was around 160-162bpm, and was sitting on my cervix the entire time. 

In one part, you can hear me say "I wish the mama was here!" and I really do. I wish Katie could be here for every appointment, but that's why I record it. I hope this helps Katie and her family feel as involved as possible. I do, however, get to see that wish come true in about 6 weeks! Katie and family are flying down and we'll have a sonogram and appointment on Monday, October 8! I'm so excited!

Until next time! Grow baby, grow!


1 comment:

  1. love those little flutters!

    my daughter danced around inside to one song in particular too and she still loves it!

    ReplyDelete