Tuesday, July 17, 2012

8 Weeks 3 days!

I've been quiet since the last ultrasound, but thankfully that doesn't mean anything has been wrong. I've just been super exhausted and pretty nauseated, so updating the blog was pushed out of my mind for a little while... but we had our 2nd ultrasound today and I was so excited I wanted to update you as soon as I could!

I again called Katie and Kevin and got them on the phone with me and then figured out how to use the camcorder on the phone while we were talking, so I got the whole thing on video!

The baby is perfect. Measures 8wks 3days exactly, and has a heartbeat in the 170s. We've graduated from lima bean to gummy bear! Gummy bear was wiggling his/her little hands at us today, showing off. Here's the video! Enjoy!




I will stop meds on Saturday the 28th, and you have no idea how ready I am for that! Whew. They make ALL those pregnancy symptoms about 10x more than they would be without the symptoms.  I also get to schedule our first appointment with my OB for sometime in early August. I can't wait! My OB has been rooting us on since we first started looking at helping couples via surrogacy and I know she will be so excited that we've made it this far!

I will update this post when I get a date for our first appointment. Until then, have a great week!

Update: First OB appointment is on July 30 at 2:30pm! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! great little video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I cant see the video! yay to stopping meds woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete