Thursday, August 15, 2013

Set?

Just wanted to post a quick update and let you know that we have 'set' my screening appointment for this coming Monday at 10:30!

We are working on contracts, insurance and all the logistics so that they can be in place and ready to go whenever we are.

Donor is set to retrieve mid-September! They will freeze the embryos following her retrieval, and after that comes our cycle and transfer.

In other news:
I am still pumping away over here, all set to wean beginning August 21. Last week I was approached by a family member about where they could find breastmilk for a baby their daughter/son in law are adopting really soon. They didn't know I was still pumping... I was pleased to offer them  my last two weeks (plus weaning time) of milk.

I love that I have done this for 6 months. I love helping my family out. And I love that I will- once all is said and done- have helped 2 babies locally and countless preemies through the milk bank.

But am I ready for weaning? You bet! What am I going to do with the 4 hours I gain back every day? I'm not totally sure! I certainly hope I'm a little more productive around the house, though!


That's all for today! Have a blessed weekend!

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment