Monday, November 4, 2013

A non-update update... and a bit of TMI

Well, if you can't tell by the non-updating of the blog, our transfer didn't happen...

Here is what DID happen.

On the 18th, I went for monitoring. All was good- except nobody could get straight what day we were doing what, so after L talked to them and straightened things out- we were all set for a Monday, October 28 transfer if the embryos made it to day 5. Saturday if they needed to be transferred on day 3.

Except one thing. On Wednesday, the 23rd, the eggs were thawed to prepare them for ICSI (or injected sperm- fertilization). And didn't make it.

You can imagine the emotions we all felt. L was devastated, and rightly so. I know that to her it felt like 6 babies had died. We alternated, I think, between ticked off at the clinic, and just sad all around. It took a few days for me to get around it.

As of today, I am really not sure what is going on. L said they showed her a donor, and that donor was going to go through the hoops to see if she would be a good candidate. I guess we're just waiting on all that now, so we can do a fresh transfer.

The nurse didn't call me at all, L is the one who texted me the news, L and I spoke on the phone a few times, but I never heard anything from the clinic until I got an email Monday (the 28th) morning saying to stop all meds (I had stayed on the patch just in case they wanted me to 'hang out in limbo' til they were ready). But also to START another round of prometrium for 10 days so I could get a period and shed my lining. Newsflash. My period started the night before her email. So I emailed back and let her know. She said to keep taking it. I did, and what followed was the longest and heaviest 6 days ever. Sigh. Finally down to a drizzle now, thankfully, but I'm not even at day 10 yet. Am I supposed to get another period after that?? Necessary?

Anyway, onward and upward. We have gotten the hurdles out of the way. The doctors are apologetic, the head one is the one overseeing our whole cycle now. Hopefully that was the last of the issues and our best is yet to come!

I'll write more when I have more.

Til then,
Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment