Sunday, December 29, 2013

Busy Time of Year

Well, hello!!
It's been a while. My apologies if you were waiting to hear from me sooner.

Since the last time we talked, we've passed Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. All of which, while busy, were very good for my family. I hope the same for yours.

For a while after our cancelled cycle, I didn't really have a lot to write, so I didn't. And then once I did, it was finding the time and energy to come and write it I struggled with. So, here we go.

After the eggs from the donor didn't work out (my IPs second donor), we got put on hold a bit until they had cleared a new donor. For a little while, it looked like we would transfer around Dec. 17. Then AF was mean to me and decided to be a week late. At that point, none of us knew whether or not we'd even transfer before the end of the year. The goal was to transfer before Christmas. Once dear AF came, it put us on track for sometime between the 21st and 25th. Yay! But then the donor didn't respond the way they liked and they thought there might be another delay. It was such a roller coaster.

Thankfully, the donor still had a few quality eggs to retrieve and they retrieved 10 eggs on the 16th, 5 of which fertilized. By the 21st, 2 were still good quality and 1 looked good enough to freeze the next day. We transferred a 4bb embryo and a 4bc embryo on Molly's 10 month birthday :)

After transfer, my IP's got me McDonald's fries (Surros swear by these!) and then they took me to my good luck charm and good friend's house to rest for the day. I had a relaxing evening and fun with my friend and then came home Sunday afternoon and took it easy the rest of the day.

I was asked by my IM not to test on Christmas morning. She didn't want me to ruin my day if it weren't positive.

However, all of Christmas Eve and Christmas day, I could feel it. I could feel that it worked, just the same as it did with Molly. So, Christmas night, 4.25 days after a 5 day transfer, I tested before I went to bed. When it turned up positive less than 3 minutes later, I literally jumped on my bed to show my husband the line. Woot!

OK Well, if you don't have "surro eyes" you might not know it, but that there is a positive test. A line is a line when it comes to pregnancy. You either are, or aren't. And I am. As the days have passed, I have enjoyed continuing to watch the lines get darker. I'm a bit of a POAS-aholic. I'll show you a few of them...


The tests above were the morning after the initial squinter line and then each morning thereafter. I did test in the evenings, but the lines weren't noticeably different than the morning's lines. The one on the bottom is from this morning.

I'm totally thrilled and excited! I am loving that my IPs are local and they were with me during transfer, and that IM and I got to go to lunch the other day. I am enjoying getting to know her! I also got a little congratulations gift for her, a snow globe with a quote about dreams coming true, from The Wizard of Oz, and it had the ruby red slippers inside the globe.

Beta #1 is on Tuesday, the 31st. I don't really know what to expect. Everyone, including myself, wonder if both took, since I saw the positive lines so quickly. I know they were not that easy to see on day 4 with Molly at all! We shall see!

I will take some time after we get beta results to blog again soon! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment