My friend Brooke drove me there and got to learn a little more than she expected, as they let her come back with us as we did the transfer.
We had a little fun with the camera phones before heading back...
The doctor came in to have a chat before going back. We were originally planning on transferring just one. But Dr. K felt more comfortable going with two because he didn't know yet what the quality of the remaining embryos would be, or if any would even make it to freezing, and he wanted to give Katie the best possible chances this time. I totally, 100% agreed with him. So we called Katie and her husband and had a little chat. I think she was more worried about me, bless her very sweet heart, but I was worried about her. I knew she had come to the decision to transfer one with a very responsible and clear mind and I didn't want the doctor to pressure her into saying yes. But we talked, they talked, and we did it. Dr. K took a picture of me with the tots before we went back. He likes to take a picture of all his patients before transfer, with a clock in the background.
Up close, here are the tots...
The one at the top left is the "Rockstar" and the one on the bottom right was the "up and coming" kiddo.
Then we headed back and got ready to go. When the doctor came in, he went straight to the CD player and put on some great dance music. Haha he was cracking me up the entire time. Then we got to see it all happen on the screen, and I'm sure Brooke was very enlightened (soooo TMI!!!) but she took it like a champ. She didn't have to go back with me, but I'm glad she did. I bet she had more fun in with us than she would have reading magazines in the waiting room ;)
And with that, we were finished. I laid on an incline for 30 minutes and we were free to go. So now I've been a couch potato since I got home. I have wonderful friends who have been taking care of me and bringing food for me and my family, and Shane has been pampering me, too. A couple more days of this and a girl could get spoiled! ;)
I am not sure yet when I want to do an HPT. My birthday is on Wednesday, so I'm undecided if I want to know before then or that day. Either way, whenever I test or if I wait til beta (Friday May 4), Katie will be the first to know if it's positive.
Thanks for reading. Please keep us in your thoughts, prayers, send sticky vibes and belly rubs, cross fingers and toes... whatever floats your boat and sends good things our way would be wonderful. Til I have more to update... have a great weekend!
PS, the update as of tonight was that we have two totsicles that made it to good quality to freeze! Yay!