Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Great Day!!

Well today was a great day!! Today went really well, and we even got a huge surprise when we were at transfer!!

Here are IM and I before we left for lunch
We went to Jason's Deli for lunch before heading to the clinic. I'm loving spending time with her!

We got to the clinic and were taken back to the room to get ready for transfer. After I changed into the hospital gown, I sat on the bed and we waited for the embryos to thaw. So we chatted a bit more. A few minutes after we arrived back there and the nurse had already come to talk to us about transfer instructions and calendar information, we heard another woman (and her daughter) come in to the bed next to us. There was a curtain between us, but we could hear each other's conversations. The little girl was asking her mom very similar questions to what M asks me, so I was having a giggle and talking to J about it quietly. Then I hear the lady next to us say "Are you a surrogate?" I replied with "Yep, and my IM is right here with me!" Then she asked if I was on a surrogate board, and we discovered that we're actually on the same cycle group on our board together. We didn't know we were transferring in the same place on the same day! Well, we knew the days were the same, but not that we were going to be at the same clinic. So we opened up the curtains and enjoyed the remainder of our transfer day chatting and giggling with her and her daughter. We took pics before we left...

Her daughter jumped in on the next one...



Thank you to everyone who prayed for us and especially those who prayed with me personally last night and today. It means so much!!  

I'll end this post with a prayer as usual. 

Thank you Awesome Heavenly Father for the wonderful day we had today and for the bonding time that J and I had. I pray your hand of protection over the lives you have entrusted me with. Use this time of bed rest to help them burro deep down and settle in to grow big and strong. Keep me ever mindful of the lives I'm caring for and help me to be a good steward of the time we have and of my body. Above all, let me shine the light you would have me to shine to J&J. In your mighty name we pray, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can feel the hope, love, and support heading your way. Such an exciting moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Exciting! You Are In My Thoughts & Prayers Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Beth! What an exciting journey & fantastic thing you are doing.

    ReplyDelete